Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Sometimes...

If you look at my profile picture, you'll see my hair is a tad bit long..was actually down to my shoulders..The back had gone well past my collar. Why is it getting that long? Hell, why is he writing about it? I'm getting to that, bear with me.

Now there is a story that goes with this. See, when I was a teenager, my sister, decided she wanted to go into the field of cosmetology, and was at that point where they were doing, yes, you guessed it, hair. Well, I grew up in the later part of the seventies, and the big thing then were perms. You know, Curly hair, the "Afro"..Well,, I had always worn my hair long, and it was really unruly, so figuring this would work, a loose perm..I was convinced by the burgeoning stylist, that she could do it. Yeah, first mistake.
So, she gets all her stuff set up...Wolfie washes his hair, which,BTW way had grown out to a very manageable length...he could even get a comb thru it!

(Yeah, I know...I can hear Jonzz now "Run! don't do it!"
Annie's voice is more like "SUCKER!" followed by hysterical laughter..)

OK, so I'm sitting there, and its all going OK...the stuff stinks...and then I hear the words you never want to hear when you're sitting in that chair....

"Uh-Oh"

Me: "What?"

sis: "Um, Nothing...shut-up..lemme think"

Me: "Whaddya mean nothing? This is my hair we're talking about"

Sis: "Hush, just that...ummm...ok..um..yeah, OK..go wash your hair. Now!"

ME: "You say that like its really important"

Sis: "Just go do it!"

OK, at this point I'm worried..but I go and do what I'm told..mind you, she's older than I am and I'm in my teens..and this is my hair we're talking about, and she's supposed to know what she's doing. Key word being Supposed.

So I come back down stairs, and I notice one thing..my hair is not the way it was. it's not falling in the ringlets it was supposed to, like she said..its kinked..its ain't right! WHAT THE HELL DID SHE DO TO MY HAIR?!
After much yelling, on my part, I find out she left the perm-mix in for longer than she was supposed to..Seems the all knowing expert, misread the damn directions, and burnt my hair!
Yeah.
Do you know how long it took to grow out? Oh, a year?...two?....Try 30! yeah..30 freaking years! 30 years of enduring short hair, bad haircuts, and not to mention the ridicule of family, friends and the like...

So yeah, to say I had issues with my hair, was putting it mildly. So this past year, I decided to let it grow out. Just to see if I could..and it did! So much so that I could get a comb through it, it was straight! it was awesome...and I didn't do that ponytail BS..I'm not that ponytail guy...I my generation wore their hair long..period.
The thing is, I wanted to see if I could, if it would come out OK..and it did..The wife hated it..like she hates everything I do when it comes to things of this nature..so that was no surprise...but she didn't understand. No matter how much I explained..And she moaned and complained, but I didn't cut it..I stayed the course.
One year...the picture you see is me with it at its longest.

So, I decided to shock the crap out of her, and everyone else, I went into a hair place and got it cut. Yeah..I cut off Three inches! And it's still long!..not as long but not short..just about right...but does she like it..NO.

I'll put up a picture soon..but you see...It was long..she didn't like it..its short..she doesn't like it..

Just goes to show, Sometimes, there's just no pleasing people. So as I was telling a friend of mine in another blog..sometimes you just have to say What the fuck..
And do stuff for yourself.

I think I'll keep it the length it is now..maybe.... ;)

2 comments:

Annie said...

Yanno, you wrote a very long story about your hair. I think that's pretty impressive.

*silence*

Ok. I'm just messin' with ya! I just figured you were going for the Gene Simmons look because he's gotta cool show now with his family and he's funny as heck and has cool long hair. Your sister deserves a beating.

Wolfies Rants said...

Thank you..I agree..about the beating.. >:-)

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...