Friday, February 09, 2007




The Final Goodbye..


When do you know you've finally said goodbye?
When do you know that the place you've called home for 45 years is not that anymore?
Is it when you've moved?
Is it when you've bought that new house, left your old life behind, and started over 350 miles away?
Nope.
It's when the personalized plates you've always wanted for that car you bought..that new car...new then...have to be changed, and the day has come the plates have to be changed, and you are given some generic shit...and you put them on your car...and and you realize...It's time to say "Goodbye".

This was my plate...I had it for a whole year.


Why was it so important? It was me, that's why. It said "Wolfie drives this car!"
Now, I'm just another generic desert driver...another schlep on the road...

That is, unless I want to put out the 25.00 dollars to get a new one....but things are tight right now, and this re-registering cost me 153.00! The gouging bastards!

So for now, my old plates will adorn the door of my comic room...and my desk at work.
Yeah, they let me keep them...Hell, I paid for em.

Peace.

9 comments:

Annie said...

OMG Wolfie!

I know EXACTLY how you feel!

I kept my California plates too. My hubby nearly threw them in the garbage *GASP!* It's like my origin, my identity - I'm a California girl at heart. It's a piece of metal; but it means something.

Annie
Another tree schlepp in Washington

Wolfies Rants said...

Got your feeling, Annie...

I'm putting one of them in my cubicle at work....Fok em if they can't take a joke!

Annie said...

At work? Oh my.

My first thought is "Did you make those in the facility you spent time at?" LOL!

License plates = Jail time.

nevermind.

sereneannabelle said...

that's a wonderful plate... did you get to keep it? if you do, then at least it's not so bad....

dun be sad, you'll get it back someday!!!

Unknown said...

consider yourself lucky able to have a customized plate at all...here in Malaysia all we get is a boring generic plastic plate..

Jonzz said...

So do the numbers indicate anything?

Wolfies Rants said...

year of my birth.

Annie said...

Yeah Jonzz,

Wolfie's oLD

1861

tee hee hee hee

Wolfies Rants said...

And annie my dear, is right there behind me....BWAHAHAHAHA!
Get me my cane,Woman!

;)

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...