Sunday, September 04, 2016

Out of Adversity, comes Creativity...

There are times, when I'm feeling at my worst, I deal, by being creative. This week, hell, the past two weeks have been straight up BS! I've been lied to, insulted, assailed with disparaging attacks on my personal character. Made to feel that I was no better than a low life that crawled out from under a rock.
I had to do something to get my mind off of this. So I turned to the one thing that always helps me free my thoughts, and my soul...My Creativity. My Woodworking.

I finished my latest project....the Desk for my wife.


It's a simple little, open design, 48 inches long, by 27 and 1/4 inches wide by 31 inches high.  I bought two glass risers for the back, so that she can put the monitor, that you see in the photo, on one, and her printer on the other. The table space is wide enough for both her work and personal laptops to fit side by side, and when she's not working, she can have enough space to do whatever crafts, or projects she chooses to do.

The Side and back rails are fitted in with oak pins, the desk itself is made from solid pine and stained in espresso polligloss to give it a deep rich tone. There is enough space underneath, so that if she wishes, she can put a small file cabinet and still have room to sit comfortably.
She's going to make a desk pad for it out of felt, and the design of the table top is such that it allows for airflow to cool everything.

This is, by far the biggest project that I have undertaken, since building my own platform bed, and that was a project, let me tell you. I did not come out of that unscathed. I twisted a ligament in my forearm...yeah, that hurt, but that's another story for another day.
For now, this is done, and it made me feel a sense of accomplishment that I needed this week.
To quote James Brown, "I feel good!" lol!

Peace....

No comments:

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...