Thursday, May 24, 2007

DYJHIW!!!

Taking a page from my good friend, Annie, I'm borrowing one of her favorite sayings
"Don't ya just hate it when..."
You check and double check to make sure you're not working on a holiday, then you come in and find that someone signed you up anyway!

The Rat Bastards!

Last week I was off a day and a half because I had to undergo a medical test that had me taking home an Ambulatory EEG. I was hooked up to this portable get up with wires and all attached to my head, needless to say it would have been a distraction at work. So, in doing so, I had no idea of the fiendish things that were conspiring and brewing whilst I was away.

See, at my job, if you want to work the holiday, they pass around a "volunteer" book, you sign up, get to work it..get your holiday pay, and time and a half, all that good shit...but..if they don't get enough people, then they draft.

Well, when I returned to work on Monday, I checked my emails. Nothing about Wolfie working on the Holiday.
Tuesday, figured I better be thorough...I check with my boss, he says "Nope...you're not on the list."
OK..so I'm jazzing...four day weekend...

Then I come in today, and on my desk is this slip of paper, with a schedule...MY SCHEDULE! Says I'm working Monday...WTF!

So I go to my boss, he's like, "Don't know, nobody told me.."
After some go round, I find out they put me on the draft...never sent me an email telling me..never asked me to volunteer......not a goddamn thing!

Now Wolfie's Pissed off! Why? I know it's my job, but that's not the freaking point..

IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF THE FUCKING THING!

If I gotta work, fine! But at least tell me, send me the goddamn email and let a brother know ahead of time..don't come to me in the 11Th hour and say "Guess What?"
That's bullshit!

And here's the kicker....I start a new shift on Tuesday...4:45 am to 1:30 pm....and the bastards wanted me to work till 9:00 pm on Monday!
BITE ME!

They gave me 8:00 pm..big Frigging Deal....

Pity the poor mother fucker that gets me come Tuesday morning...

2 comments:

Annie said...

DYJHIW... you work with a bunch of jerks! At my office, when you're not *at* the staff meeting table, you're *on* the table... Somebody always volunteers you to something.. Luckily our old boss "moved" to another office and we got a great boss who won't allow that to happen.

Sorry dude. No BBQ'ing for you. Might be fate.. maybe spending the day at home would have been bad luck? Trying to look at some bright side. I'll be on the road on the holiday trying to get back home.

You take care of yourself. No more electrodes going to your brain.

Jonzz said...

Gosh, that really sucks. Was gonna say 'Tell them off or something!' but I bet you already gave them a piece of your mind already.

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...