Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Through the Hoops..Circle of life my a...

So, ever since that damn animated movie came out, the mouse company has
everyone thinking that the so-called "Circle of Life" is this wondrous, ever changing
thing that happens and is a glorious change..
OK, right..if you're a butterfly, maybe. I mean that Caterpillar to winged beauty is
something, but for the most part, its skinned knees, the weirdness of adolescence,
and the ever changing insanity of adulthood.
There is no "Circle".
There are a never ending series of hoops you have to jump through just to make it
in life.
Actually, I'd call it a "Square".
Go Straight..Turn left! Childhood..Turn left! Teen-ager...Turn left! Adult...Turn
left! Senior citizen..hell I'm back where I started!
Nothing smooth about that one.
The simplest of these was childhood..really. All you had to worry about was breakfast
lunch and dinner, what you were getting for your birthday and Christmas.
Simple!
Unless your parents were total dicks, or you were that angst ridden dipstick
from "The Wonder Years" , then life was a breeze.
It's when you started to sprout, that the shit hit the fan.
I know, not all of you had a crappy teen age life..but we aren't all perfect teens living
in Small-ville..Shit happens, and you deal. Well at least I dealt.
Adulthood has not been all that rosy either. Relationships, family, friends..its all
a pain at times.. You work hard to maintain them all..and hope to freaking hell
you got it right!
Jobs..please, don't get me started. Can you say "Clicks?"
It's like high school all over again...Complete with the "in-crowds"
OY!
I'm kinda waiting to turn left again...waiting to see whats down that road...
What hoop I'll have to jump through next?

Peace.

No comments:

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...