Wednesday, March 07, 2007




I can't help but wonder....

Monday, I as I was fixing Bruno his meager breakfast of a few turkey slices, and when he didn't eat them..I don't know, I guess I just had enough...it was just me and the dogs, after all, but I decided that the Great Spirit and I were going to have it out!

Look, you wanna call him God, Jehovah, whatever...I call him the Great Spirit..and in my belief, I don't need a go between to talk to him...

So this is how it went...

Me: What!..What the hell do you want? He's just a dog...It's not fair...He hasn't done anything to you..to anyone! he's just a dog. You took my mother, and she believed in you...believed that you would let her go peacefully in her sleep, but no. You had to let those bastards take her piece by piece..even when she begged for release, you still had to let her hang on....not till you were good and ready!
And my mother in law! You let that disease eat her alive...And now this! HE JUST A FUCKING DOG!
WHAT DO YOU WANT? PENANCE?

FOR WHAT? FOR WHAT? I'm not doing it! I've had it!
You want to take him, fine! but do it! enough of this shit!..he's just a damn dog...
just let him go in peace....."


Well, I don't know what happened, Bruno has gotten so thin, I thought for sure I'd wake up and he was going to be gone...but Tuesday, I was making Bear's food, and Bruno wouldn't let me out of the door..he kept sniffing at the bowl.
So I said "you want this?" and I put the bowl down...and he ate it...all!

I was stunned.

he not only ate the food that morning, but he ate that night, the next morning, and evening...

I'm no fool...It may be just a spurt, but I'll wait and see...stranger things have happened.

Arms may be too short to box with the man...but my voice is loud enough to be heard.




sorry if I offended anyone.

6 comments:

Jonzz said...

Gosh, that's great. Bruno's eating. Keep us posted.

Annie said...

No apology needed when you blog about what's going on in your life.

I'm glad Bruno is eating too. Why we have to watch our loved ones suffer is beyond me. Is it a lesson for us to view this? Is it a lesson for those suffering? I try to believe everything happens for a reason and that the "Great Spirit" doesn't give us shit that he doesn't think we can't handle. He must think you can handle a lot.

You know what I think?

I think Bruno is lucky to have you. If it's Bruno's path to be sick like this, thank the Great Spirits that Bruno has YOU to take good care of him and to be attentive when he nudges his bowl.

I think Bruno was 'given' to you, because the Great Spirit knew YOU'd take good care of him during his life.

How's that for a revelation! HA!

Wolfies Rants said...

There's my penance..

That and you guys...

DOUBLE HA! HAHAHAHAHA!

Becky said...

Oh Wolfie, I'm so happy I'm a teary eyed. Yay for Bruno!

Becky said...

I just realized I can't even form a coherent sentence...

Wolfies Rants said...

hahaha..Becky needs assistance..and she's the one in College..hahahahah!

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...