Thursday, March 15, 2007

I FIND THIS VERY INTERESTING.....


I Wiki'd this and came back with the following....


Patient advocacy refers to speaking on behalf of a patient in order to protect their rights and help them obtain needed information and services. The role of patient advocate is frequently assumed by nurses, social workers, and other healthcare providers. Some hospitals, health insurance companies, and other healthcare organizations employ people specifically to assume this role.

Now, It strikes me as funny....funny strange, not funny "ha-ha".....that if someone is assuming the role of "advocacy on your behalf, you would take the time to be a bit more freaking courteous to them...Right?

And you'd think, that a person that has been on this earth for Ninety fucking years would have the common decency to be a bit more polite to someone who's trying to help them and get them their medication, RIGHT?


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I GET CALLED AN ASSHOLE.....

Not only today..no, all fucking week...its like someone put the bitchy pills out and these bastards OD'D on them!

I've been called about everything there is to be called by men, and women alike, some younger than I..many much more older than I am..and some older than dirt!

WHY?

Because they feel justified yelling at a disembodied voice on the phone...that's why.

But do I get mad?


no.


fuck em if they can't take a joke.

I do my job, get them their meds...and go on my merry way....

Thank god there isn't any traffic at night....

4 comments:

Jonzz said...

Well, a 90 year old who can't mind his language is no different from a brat. Ah, screw such people! There are too many of em. Don't let them spoil your day.

Wolfies Rants said...

never do, jonzz ol' boy...never do

Annie said...

See!

Told ya!

You should've become a priest. People are nice to ministers and priests. They confess their sins and beg you for your forgiveness.

No respect. Old people are screwy, they're rude and when they're sick and can't read the 500 page book about their Medicare benefits, they get testy.

I think some of it is just how our society is heading - we're no longer personable with each other and we allow ourselves to forget our manners.

Annie said...

oh, by the way, got any recommendations for a Medicare Supplement for my mother?

no. really. seriously. She has UFCW (Union) as a supplement. Her prescription coverage is fantastic; but the rest of it sucks. If she ends up in the hospital, there's a $5000 out-of-pocket expense for the secondary to kick in.

My mother can't read English, she just says "why I must pay anything, everything used to be free" *eyeroll*

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...