Friday, April 27, 2007

The Wolf is back....AGAIN...

Yeah yeah I know, WTF is this? Well I'll tell you. It's called Freaking Overtime...and in a veiled way, it's mandatory, but it's not mandatory..

Let me explain. We get this email that our department is not meeting its productivity...OK, so we get a call for OT. First they say, "hey guys, can you each put in about a half-hour, maybe an hour a week...due to blah, blah blah.."

OK..Wolfie's a stand up guy, he takes one for the team..puts in three hours one week.
Then we get another email..."Hey guys, blah blah, yadda yadda, an two to three hours each, this week...or more.."

So Wolfie sticks it out..and puts in another four more hours....

Then I go in one day, and there's this flyer on my desk...Asking for at least 2 hours a day of OT...WHAT THE FUCK!

OK, I'm Sorry, the money may be OK..but it ain't that great. I mean, I look around, and I don't see a lot of other peeps staying later..coming in earlier....HELL NO..Them fuckers have caught on. They're the ones that have been here a while and know, once they get and hour, they what two..give em two, they what four..and so on..
It don't take a brick to hit me...I see the newbies getting hit up with the OT..and only certain old-timers always signing up for OT..The one's that "Live" for the job.
Other's are like, "Uhhh, No."
Because they know what I've figured a long while ago...The OT money gets eaten up in the taxes. So if you want to see a big pay day, ya have to work Shit-loads...And I ain't killing myself for a J.O.B.

So Wolfie's back...to his Regular schedule...Ain't you all HAPPY.

THAT WASN'T A QUESTION....

HA!

5 comments:

Becky said...

I know the feeling Wolfie. As much as I like the pay, overtime doesn't make that much of a difference on my net pay so who gives a f**k

Jonzz said...

Money and overtime versus time for yourself...

Hairy question. I used to think quality time is more important but feeling more greedy these days. Sigh.

Wolfies Rants said...

OT when it calls for it..but I like my "Me" time...

Anonymous said...

If I were the boss, I would be impressed with the employees who get work done without having to stay for OT. But some bosses think otherwise. Urrghhsss. I hate OT.

Annie said...

No wonder you haven't had time to blog. Stupid job. the killer of lives. Jobs don't want people to have lives.

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...