Thursday, July 13, 2006

Bang the drum slowly, brothers and sisters....Big Goldie, The upside down swimming goldfish is no more. Alas, he has gone to that great big aquarium in the big blue pond.

He was a good fish.

On a lighter note...I was showering today, and while drying my hair the oddest thing happened. I sprained my neck!
I was towel drying the back of my head, and as I lifted my head...BAM! I felt this twinge. Stupid me, I turned my head in that direction,right, and OW! The twinge felt like someone jabbed a hot needle into my neck.

Well, no way I'm going to work, can't look over my right shoulder. And I have to drive 40 miles! So the wife takes me to the doctor, he says I have a "cervical sprain".
I call my job, tell em about this. Tell em that the doctor took me off work for two days. What do they tell me?
"Well, you know this is still going to count as an "occurrence" against you..."
Great bunch of people. Even with a Doctors note.

where are my pills...

4 comments:

Annie said...

OMG! Was it the flashbulb from the camera that killed him? Was it me? Did I do this? This is a tragedy!

Annie said...

Occurances, blurances.. Heck, you get hit by a bus or shot by a terrorist, they'll call it an "occurance".. it's another way of taking statistics and using it to make employees feel small. It depends how the manager says it too.. (in my opinion, no need to say the word at all to an employee, but that's just me).. Most managers say it in a way that make them feel important. Alrighty then. I'm pretty sure I got an "occurance" when I went on maternity leave. Insensitive bastards. So, you got a wonky neck? Probably from the stress of losing Big Goldie. A fish can do that to a poor soul. My Condolences to you Wolfie.

Wolfies Rants said...

Thanks Annie, much appreciated.
not really bugged about work, like I said...fok it.

I've been looking for something else, anyway. right now the muscle relaxers are doing pretty good..:-)

Annie said...

LOL!
aHA!, that explains the Larry King Live dots on your blog template ... muscle relaxers, you say?
Good luck on the job search. My husband changes jobs every two years due to management issues. If my manager didn't get 'promoted', I would have either quit or dropped some muscle relaxers in her coffee so her tight ass would chill. :D

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...