Friday, June 12, 2009

WELL I DID SAY I WOULD EXPLAIN....

Weeeel ok...from September of 2008 to, oh shall we say some part of this year, say April, Mid-May..I had somewhat of a falling out with my computers. Seems during last summers Olympics, while all the world was playing peace, love and brotherhood with China, and don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful thing. I loved the spectacle, the coming together of nations, that little guy who risked his life to save his classmates, all the human drama, yadda yadda...But while all this was going on, something insidious was happening behind the scenes...

What? you say...Impossible!

No way! Not during this peaceful gathering of Athletes.

Yes...While we were all watching and cheering...our government decided that it would be a good idea to open the doors of Internet business to all...and no one took more notice of this than the schemers, hackers, and trolls that would try to hack into every site they could and download information, scans, and anything else they could..
One such clown attempted to do so at the Comic site that I moderate. He was downloading scans of books, information, anything he could. When we found out and tried to stop him, he uploaded a nasty virus, that would send pop-up after pop-up and then close with an evil laugh and a final fuck you..I kid you not.

It took us months to clean up the site...while members were getting this virus on their computers, and unknowingly passing it on to other systems in their home..or work. I couldn't visit the site at work..had to shut down my computer at home..and then to make matters worse, and this really pissed me off, I had a deadbeat neighbor that was hi-jacking my web connection. Cheap bastard was using my connection to get on the net.

Now that pissed me off to no end...Why you ask? Its just the Internet, no harm..not like he's stealing cable, right?

WRONG! I'm paying for this shit! I'm paying for the privilege for me and my wife to use this anytime we so please, not some snot nosed ass-hat to hopscotch off my modem just because he's too cheap to buy the service!

THEN...To top everything off ...The little bastard downloaded a worm into my modem! Just when I finally got rid of the damn virus the hacker left behind, this dingus leaves a damn worm..I know this because I was finding links to sites that I had never gone to...My Computer Crashed! My wife's computer crashed! My back up computer was on the way out, I had to pull everything to stop it from going further...

ARRRGGGGH!

So there I am...No computer..back up on the fritz...Modem shot..Wife's computer down..not mention Wife pissed...Oh yeah, and insomnia (for those of you who may not remember, I'm an insomniac..15 years running), is going full bore!
Yeah...I'm doing great. Merry Christmas.

So what does Wolfie do? Well first off, we buy wifey a new computer...have to, all the household shit is on there..good thing it was all backed up on discs. We also get a new modem, a virus program and reformat the hard drive for my computer, I also do the same for her laptop...and Wah-lah! Wolfie has himself a laptop!(always wanted one...).
I also set up a secure wireless network, so dingus couldn't get on my modem..as well as send out a watchdog report to my ISP people, I'm sure I know who it was that was hi-jacking my modem..pretty sure it was the clown that lives behind me. I noticed that when I would be online, his light would go on...or I could see the glow of a screen, could be TV, could be computer screen..but it was something...and when I was on, that's when he would be up..to much of a cowinky-dink, if you ask me...

So, One brand new HP, a new modem, a new virus program, and several hours and nights of debugging and reformatting, and then reloading, programs, changing passwords, just a bunch of crap that was a total pain in the ass...I finally got the computers up..now I had to go and try to remember all the sites I would visit before all this shit happened...Yeah, that was fun.

Not to mention, new duties at work, taking up beucoup amounts of time, in overtime..and the fact that I'm applying for a new position that may mean a raise in pay and more duties...OY!

It's been fun...

But it's kept me away, for far too long.
From what I like..and the people I grew close to...
Far too long...


I'm back...for good.

No comments:

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...