Saturday, January 27, 2007



Update

Well, it's not Valley Fever.
That's the good news.

It is cancer. Deep in my heart, I knew, I just hoped that maybe...but hell, maybe's are for dreamers and fools...and I'm no longer a dreamer, and I gave up being a fool many years ago.

So my dog has cancer. I'm bummed, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Bruno just yet...not when he's still playing and eating...Sure he gets tired a bit quicker, but he looks at me with what can only be interpreted as hope...Hope that his dad wont let him down..And dammit, I'm not. We are brotherhood of the Wolf! And the Wolves don't give up so easily.

So the vet said that we need a Prognosis, and a diagnosis. She is sending the records to a doggie oncologist. They have those, ya know...now we have to wait and see...

Petty said it best..."The waiting is the hardest part."

5 comments:

Jonzz said...

Just curious, how much do all these doggy checkups and treatments cost over there?

Anonymous said...

Bruno is blessed with a dad who loves him.

Wolfies Rants said...

His initial check up was $65.00.
When I took him in for the full exam, it was $562.00

I have no idea what the Oncologist will cost...
I know, I know...but he's my boy...
I don't spend umpteen dollars on them...they get food, water, a warm place to sleep...all they ask in return is to be kept healthy and safe..and they'll do their part, which they do...I know they would never let anything happen to my wife or me.

Becky said...

Awww Wolfie! I'm sending Hugs your way for you and for Bruno! I've always said Dogs are more resilient than humans, so if I were a betting woman I'd put my money on Bruno. ****HUGS****

Annie said...

My bets on Bruno too.

I'm sorry Wolfie. Waiting is the hardest part AND.. I wonder if it's painful for Bruno. You'll need a biopsy (a needle poke into the tumor) to decide if it's benign or malignant.. then they just cut it out! Stitch him up with disolvable stitches and he's a happy dog and lives another 100 years (Human years)?



You need a Save Bruno fund set up or something.

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...