Sunday, January 21, 2007

Well Now....
How ya been fellow bloggers? Well I hope. I know it's been a bit, and needless to say, I've been quite busy, what with the new job and all...getting into the swing of things has taken a little getting used to, not much, but its just that training has been, in a word.....BORING!
There..I said it. I've been trying so hard to stay awake, its pitiful. We had our first test this week. I passed...hell, would have surprised me if I didn't...I know this stuff. Not bragging, just that I did virtually the same thing, so if I didn't pass, I would have been kicking my own ass, know what I mean...
So...Thursday I get a message from my wife, her car is making a noise...Ok. I get home...Friday morning I I listen to it, it's making a high pitched whine....Damn, I know that high pitched whine, and its not good. So, after I get home from work, we take it to the dealer close to our house. Why the dealer you ask? Because there isn't a garage anywhere near us...So its off to the dealer...And by the way, I have to say that the customer service here in Arizona is far and above some of the best I have ever experienced....but I digress, we take my wife's 1996 Toyota Camry to the dealer, tell them about it, also about the "phantom oil leak" that no other mechanic could seem to find...and we leave "Bunkie" (her name for the car), in the capable hands of the service techs.
Saturday morning...we get a call, it's Christy, the girl from Toyota, and the news isn't good. Bunkie, it seems is very, very bad off. Not only did they find the oil leak, but a leak in the power steering, the transmission, and a few other places. The high pitched whine, well that was coming from the Drive belts, they're cracked. So are the timing belt and a couple of others...In other words, it's going to cost $3,948.00 to fix it.
The car blue booked at 3200...and that was three years ago....
So, it was decission time. And Wolfie made the decission. There was noway that I was going to have my wife brake down on the freeway. And well, the car was 11 years and 170,000 miles old...So...Happy Valentines Day Wife:


Actually, it's Black..Yeah, I bought her a new car..they gave us $1,000.00 for the Camry, and 6.9% financing.
It is really nice. Looks like my white one...just a 2007. She likes it..and it will get her where she needs to go, safely.
_____________________________________________________________________


You all know him....Those of you who read my blog...This is my boy, Bruno. This is a picture of him, a few months back, when he was at a good healthy weight, 139 pounds to be exact. Then for some reason, around christmas, he started getting a little finnicky with his eating...leaving a little behind, not eating his cookies...he was having his good days and bad days...Then it got worse.
He stopped eating.
Some days he wouldn't eat at all. Some days, just in the morning..some days, just a bit. We changed his food...cut down the amount, nothing was working..So we took him to the veterarian. Found that he had dropped in weight to 109 pounds!
Vet said that maybe it was Separation Anxiety...due to my going back to work. Ok, I could deal with that...She said if he continues to refuse food, then bring him back.

Well, Bruno continued to refuse food..and got irritable, fighting with Bear...So today I took him back...After full examination, Xrays, blood test..The whole shot....
I got the news I didn't want to hear...
Bruno is very sick. Just how sick, I'll know more tomorrow, but it seems that he has a mass on his left side, above his heart. What exactly is it? I won't know for sure until they get the results from the blood tests. But what I was told, it may be Cancer, or it may be Valley Fever...A more common ailment that affects dogs here in Arizona. If it's Valley Fever, it is treatable, but he will have to take medication for the rest of his life.
If it's Cancer....Well.
What can I say...He's my boy. This is very hard for me. You have children, you say, "it's only a fucking dog...get another one.." It's not that fucking easy!
I raised him from a pup...He's my boy...and he's hurting now..
And so am I...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm...New car. I want one too.
Your wife must be v happy!Wat a wonderful husband u r:)

Sorry to hear about Bruno. Update us on the results ok.

Take care.

Jonzz said...

Poor Bruno.

It sucks that dogs have such short life spans.I've had at least 3 or 4 generations of dogs already.

I've resigned myself to the principle that if I treat them well when they are alive, I should not mourn so much when they depart.Ha ha, big talker I am. I miss them each time.

Hope Bruno gets through this and become hale and hearty again!

Wolfies Rants said...

Thanks...

Annie said...

You think I can remember the 400 page comment I wrote last night that got deleted due to some server error! HA!

Essentially, I think I wanted to say you do whatever is necessary for Bruno. Thank goodness you were watching him and took notice because poor Bruno would still be suffering. You may have caught it early enough for treatment whether that be surgery or medications.

We all get lumps - most of them are benign. It's gotta be the same for canines. Nobody is going to judge you if you take care of Bruno the way you want Wolfie. You and the wife have no human children, these are your kids and we parents would do anything.

Thank goodness you have your job to keep your mind off things for now and to be able to pay for treatment.

As for your wife's car? You're a good husband, Charlie Brown. I sense you would have gotten it for her even if it wasn't Valentine's Day because of course you can't have her driving it - especially if the power steering is leaking. That's just deadly. Good for you.

Now, you keep us posted about Bruno and we want to see a picture of this black new car of wifey's.. for insurance purposes, you know.

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...