Sunday, November 19, 2006


Caution! This Vehicle Stops Frequently!
I do believe, after having my introduction to Arizona's infamous traffic, that this should be the states new motto.
Don't get me wrong, I love my adopted home state...I even got my new Arizona drivers license, which by the way is good till the year 2026...but THESE PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE IN TRAFFIC!
I know, they aren't used to the sudden influx of all the newbies coming to town...But get with it! Things change, ya either go with the flow, or you fall behind and get trampled by the crowd.
I mean, people will literally STOP! Right in the middle of the freeway to watch some poor shlub who happened to get a flat. Come on, is it really that freaking interesting that you have to risk getting a Honda shoved up your ass that you just had to come to a halt and watch?
As a vet of the L.A. Traffic scene, I can tell you, do that on the 10, the 118, the 405, the 605, the 5 freeways...and you my friend are history. Here, that concept has yet to sink in.
And it's not just on the Freeways, it's on the streets, the parking lots....I mean damn! I was driving in the parking lot of Wal-mart, going in the right driveway, mind you...this woman decides she wanted to come out the wrong way...and then proceed to look at me like I lost my mind! Then, this guy in a truck is driving up a the wrong isle in the parking lot...looking for that perfect spot, I guess, and the backs in to a spot...all the while nearly hitting me. I just don't get it...But here's the kicker, Their cars. Their freaking cars are spotless! Not one goddamn dent!
With the exception of the clowns that wreck on the freeways, that is...
I'm almost terrified to start driving regular on the freeways, these guys are nuts.
But I drove the freeways in L.A. I can drive anywhere. Well, with the except with my sister in law....She's freaking insane.

2 comments:

Annie said...

2026!!! They're INSANE! Don't they understand you're from CALIFORNIA! I had expected they'd give you a mere driver's permit, be on probation, sit with some old lady to show her you can parallel park, etc.

Hate to break it to you but Arizoneee is full of OLD RETIRED people! They're in no hurry to get anywhere, particularly the grave... It's all about slowing down your life. You can do it Wolfie. I made the same adjustment when I adopted WA. They drive the speed limit here when I was used to 80mph minimum in the slow lane on 280 or I-5.

Annie
who sympathizes.. (except for the donated driver's license!!!) They must have high hopes you'll live that long compared to your neighbors.

hahahahaha

Wolfies Rants said...

THAT'S MY POINT! THE SPEED LIMIT IS 75 MPH!
Go Figure!

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...