Thursday, November 30, 2006






When is Cold, Too Cold???






I find it most interesting, that I move to the desert, and I forgot how cold it could get at night...



Last night, it got down to 31 degrees....Now I know, to some of you that might not seem cold, but to this ex-Californian, IT'S FREAKING FREEZING! I woke in the morning, checked on ol' Bruno and he's nestled in this tent (yes, tent. I'll get to that later...), in all the blankets, and his doggie bed, just about buried in them...His water troth looked a bit odd. I touched it, it was frozen over! A quarter inch of ice completely covered the entire surface of the troth.






So much for the warmth of the desert.






So is it Global Warming? Are we moving further from the sun? Is it El Nino?






No....It's freaking winter. And it's here. It's here early, This is a show of force. The shape of things to come. So bundle up friends, get the long johns, the wood for the fire, stoke up the furnace and get ready to make snow angels. If last night was an example, it looks like we're in for some cold nights.






Hopefully you have a snuggle partner. And warm blankets.






If you don't....Find one. At least get the blankets. And some hot chocolate. That's always good.






Oh, and Bruno's tent...Well, it's like this. Bruno has this thing about being locked up, basically he doesn't like it. See, when we first moved here, I thought he would like the garage.



Nope.



He would have nothing to do with it...Thank god for steel core doors.



See, we bought him a dog house once. He walked in, stood up and the roof came up.



The dog is all legs....



So, we bought him a tent..It's similar to the one he has..actually he had one just like this, but he put it through the ringer.


I'll put pics his new one up soon.


but see, he likes it, it gives him the room he needs to move. He likes to be outside. But I'm sorry, it was just too damn cold, so tonight, its me, Bear(who by the way is the inside spoiled brat of the bunch) and Bruno....tonight at least...tomorrow its supposed to warm up...to 50*...He likes the outside...I have to keep the door open just a bit...I'm such a sucker for these mutts.




What can I say, their my boys....


3 comments:

Annie said...

The heatwave is finally here Wolfie! It's 39 degrees! hahahaha

nyah na na nyah nyah... bah ha.. NOBODY is immune to W.I.N.T.E.R.!

I can imagine Bruno and Bear locked in the house and oops locked out Wolfie.. now Wolfie will have to sleep in the outside tent. Dogs - smarter than you think.

Bear: That's my smart dog - indoors is the key to the palace.

Jonzz said...

LOL, this is the first time i've heard of a dog sleeping in a tent. I wonder if my dog will do it. Hmmmmm...

Wolfies Rants said...

7 layers of blankets..three are comforters..and one doggie pillow, this dog is warm.

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...