Sunday, November 12, 2006






Greetings From Goodyear....Arizona that is...




Hello folks! How's it going...well it's me...Same ol' Wolf, different den. and this is a pic of my town...not sure exactly where it is, but I'm going to find it...I've found a few places, so far...like Wal-mart Super centers! DAMN! They're all over the place...but I'll get back to that.




Well, we finally moved in...and now the unpacking begins, ugh..It's quite a task, really, boxes here...I have to make room for the fridge to be delivered in the morning. The POD people (yeah yeah I know...pun intended) are picking up the pod in the morning. Funny, they dropped the damn thing off at 6:30 in the morning on Saturday the 11Th, but they can't pick it up till 10am?


I hope the fridge and dryer don't get here before them...Oy!




But I'm happy...its really nice, the weather has been totally mild. mid-70's to mid 80's, the dogs are still adjusting, but doing fine.


Now get this...No sooner do I get here, but I get not one...not two...but three job offers! One guy called me Friday while we were unpacking some items...I was a bit wary at first, because we were getting phone calls all day long from solicitors, and wrong numbers, apparently the guy that had the number before us forgot to tell his friends and family....


Well, the guy gives me the info to apply for the job, and I did so, except the job id number he gave me was incorrect...it was in San Antonio, Texas! Another Oy!


So the pod comes on Saturday.....I start to unload at 7 am...have to get the TV out, the Direct TV guy is going to be here by noon....then a phone call, its the Direct TV guy, "Hey, we're ahead of schedule, mind if we show up early? we can be there in a half hour" its 8:30 am.


Sure...come on down...my buddy hasn't shown to help me yet...the TV weighs a ton...its just me and the wife...not a problem...OY!




So the with the help of my wife, I unload the TV...my back still hurts....and we get it set up with ten minutes to spare...the Direct TV guy comes and goes....I HAVE TV! YEA!....only to find out..Ed Bradley died...Who's Ed Bradley? Only, in my humble opinion, the most respected and influential news reporter in the media . The only reporter of color to ever have his own major news show, Twice! At a time when that was unheard of...WHY? Because he was that good...Because he was that cool...When you saw Ed Bradley report the news, you didn't see a Black Man report the news...You saw a MAN report the news...a perspective that was unbiased and unyielding...Goodbye Ed.




Yeah...so my buddy shows up about 12 noon...we unload the rest of the Pod...and then its Pizza time. We chill, watch some TV, laugh, and settle in....




Today, the wife and I had coffee and a light breakfast, then she headed back to Cali...remember, she still has to work out there for a month and a half..she got there about 5:30 pm...so this week its me and the boys....and the unpacking...but its me and the boys unpacking in our house...


That has a nice sound...


Our house...and actually at the end of our street...


A Cluttered Living Room.....

A Fridge-less Kitchen...For now

3 comments:

Annie said...

*GASP!* You're BACK! YAY! You made it and so did your POD !! LOL!! Goober.. so your doggies made it and your fish? mmm.. no mention of the fish.. not a good sign...

WOW! Like WOW! You don't have to do a damn thing to your house, do you! Brat! We had to redo the entire kitchen when we moved in. Thanks for the pictures. Nice Wolfie, very very nice. I don't doubt you will unpack EVERY box and have the house set up with flowers (fresh!) and candles for your lovely wife.

YOU DA MAN Wolfie! Must feel GREAT to be in your own home! YaY!

70 degrees - I spit on you - oh, damn, that was my laptop screen. It's been 40 degrees and storming rain her 60 mph winds.

I *JUST* saw your email about the Blur blog disappearance today. Sorry! I forgot I had that email. I forgot to check it and there was your message from mid-Oct!!!!. I changed it now to an email I always check. Duh. Don't hurt me. :P

Wolfies Rants said...

Hurt you...never...maim maybe..but never hurt...hehehehehe!

Annie said...

Are you done unpacking

Bah ha ha ha!

The wife is coming, LOOK busy!

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...