Friday, November 03, 2006



Goodbye California....



I've been a resident of California for 45 years....I was born in Los Angeles, raised in Boyle Heights, in the projects....we lived there for 15 years, my parents raised seven kids in gang infested neighborhoods, on one salary....I attended the Utah Street Elementary School, where I was kicked out of preschool...for kicking the teacher...she tried to get me to eat some nasty cheese (long story..). I went to Hollenbeck Jr high...I had a crush on Diana Montenegro..she was the cutest thing..didn't know I existed..but I didn't care..., spent half a semester at Roosevelt High School, where I experienced my first seance... now that was a trip.


My folks bought a house, and finally moved us out of the city, to the


THE SUBURBS!



In 1976, we moved to La Puente, California...A nice little burg in the San Gabriel Valley...It gets cold in the winter, hot in the summer, but it was a house. With a yard...I spent the rest of my High school years at Basset High School ...Rah Rah...I don't think they've won a football game since their inception...upon graduation I attended and spent two years at Mt.San Antonio College...Damn that was a fun time. I dated, fell in love..fell out of love...fell in love...got drunk...found a job...quit a job...fell in love again...got dumped...moved out of my folks house...shared a house with a friend from high school, who was going through a divorce....got a new job...fell in love again...moved into my own place....lost a job...flipped a car...lost a job...got a new job....got dumped, again....moved back home...got drunk some more....thought about moving to Alaska...got a new job, IN L.A.! Went to a club...Saw these Green Eyes....GOT MARRIED....had a seizure...lost a job...lost a drivers license....lost a car......spent 11 years trying to fix THAT problem....fixed it...got dogs.....Got my license back....got a new car.....got a new job....lost my mom...:( .....lost a job....Got a new Job....left a job.....got a new house.....leaving CALIFORNIA...going to ARIZONA...


DAMN, Ain't that a kick in the head.


I think of all the people I've met, known, liked, loved, hated, fought with, and lost....and I think to myself..."I haven't even scratched the surface of life..." I'm only 45. In the grand scheme of things, that's not very old. My mom and dad were my age when they bought their first home...I think a bit older..but not much. As I sit here on the eve of my last night on the net in California, I'm taken aback at all the shit that I've been through in my life so far...and I wonder..Damn, There is still a lot more to come. But good, bad or indifferent, I'm meeting that head on, with the woman I married, and those two hairy children of mine by our sides....Because this is our life. This is what we chose, our path....Whatever comes, we'll meet like we've met everything else that's been thrown at us so far...

Together.


This will be my last journal entry from California....



Goodbye California...It's been real....It's been fun...and yeah,

it's been real fun.





4 comments:

Annie said...

WOW! you wrote your whole life's journal in ONE blog entry.. kekekeke.. Damn. I just had deja vu. LOL! Hope you didn't forget to vote.

Seriously, it's a hard thing to leave 'home' isn't it?

Have a safe drive. It's a new chapter and it only gets more interesting, right?

Check back in when you get set up!!!!!

giphangster said...

You're about to leave a blue state and enter a red state. STAY IN CALI, RICH! It's not too late!

Wolfies Rants said...

I have a host of friends...I see..a host of friends...hahahaha!

calursus said...

Was on your blog and saw the name Diana Montenegro, it caught my eye and knew it was the same Diana. I use to date Diana, she teaches now in El Monte and has a daughter. There doing well, best of luck in AZ, nice place but it's not California.

B

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...