Tuesday, November 28, 2006


Pssst.....Midnight...we're breaking out...pass it on...
We have a friend in need
a friend indeed
she's stuck you see
this friend in need
She's stuck in the well
The well of all wells
The well of conundrums.
See she's a creative soul
this friend indeed
is one who can write from the heart
and fill our souls with joy
and mirth
of daily exploits
from her life, her work
but see now she's down
she's plopped in a rut
because her spirit is stunting
oh my, she's taken to grunting
and hiding in bathrooms, with green towels for backdrops
and sock monkeys for companions
whatever shall we do
whatever shall we do....
Psst, pass it on, we'll go over the wall at midnight!
We'll break her out, we will
by hook or by crook....We'll bring back that spirit
or die trying...
We'll, maybe we can offer up Pooh as a sacrifice....
While the rest of us run...
But Annie will be free, oh yes, she'll be free
To write once again...
And I won't have to do this anymore...
Won't you all be happy....
I know I will...
The End....
For Annie... my friend.

7 comments:

Annie said...

*FALLING OFF MY CHAIR LAUGHING*! OMG! I'm back home with the electricity back on and doing my blog hopping - Wolfie, of course, being first and all and I see puppy dogs! Awe! So CUTE I'm thinking your doggie's made babies! (which I know your boys can't have puppies) I'm thinking the entire run through, OH! who is this poor girl! I need to help her! Who is it! then I got to the "green towels" part! NO! you can't be talking about me? LOL!

Wolfie, you're a doobie! You make me laugh. :D

Thanks! Now come over to my house and fix my truck. I think the battery died. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hello Wolfie...just dropping by. Wat is this offering Pooh as a sacrifice? Think dearie Annie looking for puppies n not bears. Heee...

Jonzz said...

LOL, I didn't realize this poem was about Annie until she mentioned it in her blog. ROFL!

Good one there especially the part about offering pooh as a sa... *looks around quickly* as a sandwich would taste really good right now *runs for cover!*

Annie said...

Pooh bears with honey. Yum Yum. :P

Wolfies Rants said...

Thank you..thank you...Sorry Pooh, I've always been an Eyore fan...

Anonymous said...

I love Eeyore too!! Intelligence and melancholy. How charming!

Wolfies Rants said...

Ok..You're saved...Sorry Jonzz

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...