Sunday, October 29, 2006


Keeping in the Halloween vein, I thought I'd write a little of what I know about this subject...The dead, well, actually the Living dead. That's right folks, Zombies! The walking, snacking, eat your relatives cause they don't give a rat's ass, they're dead, re-animated corpses.
Now I know there have been numerous movies, comics, and books written about these walk bags of worm infested used to be family and friends, but Max Brooks writes a very tongue in cheek guide to staying alive when it comes to dealing with the walking brain eaters.
Now your classic living dead, according to George Romero(father of the genre, in my book), were re-animated due to some accident of radiation by a satellite that fell to earth. Seems the recently deceased woke up and they woke up hungry. Well hey, stands to reason. They been cooling their heels in a box for a few hours, I'd be hungry too...can't say much for their choice of entries, personally, I'd go for a pizza but that's just me. Anyhow, with Romero's walking dead, ya have to destroy the brain. Kill the brain, kill the monster. Simple.
Others took it to the extreme..basically, the damn things were already dead..what's going to kill something that's already dead? So you burn em, bash em, electrocute em, just blow the crap out of em...I've seen just about every sort of "Zombie" movie there is, and it all comes down to the same conclusion...Kill the brain, kill the monster. So the head has to go.
But could you? Could you destroy the re-animated corpse of a loved one? A wife, husband, son, daughter, brother, sister, friend?
A moral question...when do they stop being the loved one, and become the enemy?
Personally, I'd say the minute they try to make you the blue plate special. As hard as it may be, Survival is the question here. You have to ask yourself...Self, do I live, or lay down and die? Horribly.
As much as I would hate myself, I'm not suicidal. I'd choose life.
I pose the question to all....Would you choose life/survival...or the alternative?
Decide.

3 comments:

Jonzz said...

Hi, I was just looking through Annie's links and your zombie survival guide just caught my eye. You have a fascination with the undead. I think if ever a loved one rose up as one of those rotting mindless 'things',I don't think I can visualize them as loved ones. It's either fight or flight for me. I choose flight.

Wolfies Rants said...

only so far you can, sooner or later you have to fight back.
I understand what you mean,though.

And it's not really a fascination with undead, persay, its just a whole thing with the Horror movie genre..I'm a fan.

Annie said...

Wolfie is a FREAK jonzz. LOL! He's already killed 4 fish since I've met him... and look LOOK what his dog has done to that poor teddy bear..I don't even want to imagine what he's done to the neighbor kid.

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...