Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Moving...

I've done the packing,boxing, shoving things into a truck, trunk, back seat, van, whatever...If it could convey property from one point to another, I've used it to move my ass from point 'A' to point 'B'.

I've done it eight times...one time in the span of an hour, I moved the contents of an entire apartment, my wife's stuff and mine, out of her mother's house, under duress mind you, to my sisters garage! Now that was a move.

There were times that I felt, truly felt like a damn gypsy of old. Not that I have anything against Gypsies, mind you, it's just that after a while, you get tired of all the moving around, and you want to put down roots. Is that too much to ask?

So why am I moving now? Because now I have the chance to put down those roots. So it just happens to be in another state. At least this time, I'm not paying some other clowns rent/house payment. This time, I'm the clown whose house is getting paid...and as the day grows nearer, its starting to feel pretty damn exciting. I'm spending my days packing and boxing stuff. I'm doing it right, labeling boxes, not making them too heavy. After fifteen years together, you'd think we'd have a lot more stuff. Funny thing is, we really don't.

Thursday, we go sign the final loan docs....Monday, escrow closes, and we pick up the keys. Yeah, its getting antsy.

I think I'll start on the bedroom tomorrow.

1 comment:

Annie said...

My husband and I bought our first house together a month before our wedding date and we're still here and we're planning to build onto it because it's getting to small for us and the kids... but the equity we've put in for the past 7 years has given us this opportunity to improve and expand our living space. I'm very excited for you Wolfie. You're paying a mortgage - either yours or someone else's. You're gonna feel great when you get those keys!

Congrats! Want pics as soon as you get them!

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...