Sunday, October 08, 2006


My watch went through the washer...

I have a pocket watch, it was the first gift my wife ever gave me. A christmas gift. Usually she checks my pockets before she puts my pants in the wash, and I normally have a chain attatched. but the chain recently broke, and I've been toting the watch in the fifth pocket of my jeans...you know, that convienent little one that no one ever uses. Yeah, well it fits just right.

Anywho...I heard this awful banging coming from the garage. Thought the dogs got into something.
I went out there, went to the dryer, and there was the cover to my watch! I looked further..and there was the watch...My heart sank.
Then my wife says "just give it to me, I'll buy you a new one...." then she said.."oh, I'll just get it fixed"...no big deal.
I wasn't mad at her....but it did hurt..This was the first christmas gift she ever gave me. It means something to me. It's irreplaceable. And she says, I'll buy you a new one...WTF!

I don't place a lot of value on material things...but this is something different. At least I thought it was.

Broken or not...It'll cost too much to repair, but there's no way in hell I'm getting rid of it...
don't know if you understand or not....It just means that much to me.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh ((hugs)) Wolfie, I bet your wife didn't realize it meant that much to you. If she knew, I wonder if she'd feel her heart flutter. I never think anything I give to my husband means anything to him. It'd be a wonderful thing to find out. You keep it and hold on to it. What a lovely story. I'm sorry it's broken. :(

I never check those 5th pockets when I wash my husband's jeans. I think I should now.

and OH! I like this new look - it's so upbeat and positive! I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of your new home!

Wolfies Rants said...

Thanks Annie...I told her that I wasn't mad at her...its just that the watch, to me is irreplacable. and until I can get it fixed, its not leaving my box...I have a box that I keep things in...and pictures of the house are soon to come..;)

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...