Monday, February 26, 2007

LIFE...PART 3...

Marriage. The next step in the evolution of life. Was a very interesting thing..
We had two receptions, why? because our folks, actually, her mom didn't want to attend the one that my dad threw.

yeah, that was fun.

We went to Lake Tahoe...had a great time, won some money, came back and two months later I was put in the hospital.
Why? I had a grand mal seizure...lost a whole day of my life....I want it back, dammit!

several pills...and 11 +years later, here we are. My dog is dying from cancer...my mother in law died from cancer...my mom died from complications of diabetes...and I left California..with my wife, and my dogs, and I have a house.

Today, I took my Bruno to the Oncologist...the news wasn't good. Even with Chemo, they only gave him a year...The only thing we can do is make him comfortable.
So Bruno and I went for a drive today. No matter what happens..if tonight is his last, I'll remember him in the back seat of my car...enjoying the ride...

Still, that question begs at the back of my head..."what are you gonna do with the time you've been given, bunkie?"

From here on out..who knows..guess ya just play it by ear.

4 comments:

Jonzz said...

If you don't mind me asking, what caused your seizure the last time?

I did read your blog before I probably missed it.

Wolfies Rants said...

I was hit in the head, by a metal door. caused what has been termed: Post traumatic seizure disorder...

Annie said...

I think I read a while back that you previously had a seizure but I didn't read how it came upon ya. A metal door? Holy cow! What did you do to the wife Wolfie to deserve that? .. he he.. just kidding! It's hard to laugh when I'm feeling so bad for Bruno. I'm picturing him with his face outside the car window with the wind in his fur and his tongue out.

HEY! I got married in Lake Tahoe! We flew there to avoid the big massive wedding details. Cool place, pretty lake too. Didn't gamble. I figure getting married was enough to gamble with.

You forgot one more thing after having a house and a nice wife and two lovely dogs - you got a NEW job! and a new CAR for the wifey. Nice going.

How sad about the wedding reception. Politics in all places suck, especially Family Politics.

Wolfies Rants said...

The car was kinda like a "had to do thing", Annie dear...we either got it, or pulled 4 grand out of the ether to fix the old one..which would have gone out on us anyway.

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...