Saturday, February 17, 2007



There's a story behind this...

Well, the wife and I went to the Farmers market..it was quaint, small, very nice.
Picked up a nice jar of Habanero salsa and this:

No, not a disembodied hand...though that would have been cool...but a ring..the inside circle are skulls..and they spin! Here's another pic:


Hey, it goes good with the Ghost Rider movie coming out..and it matches a bracelet of skulls that I made...

all in all, it was a very nice afternoon...

Then we come home and this presents the photo op of the day...


notice what he's looking at? Yeah..that's a cat. It decided to chill on my walk and in doing so, caught the attention of Bear..The pictures say it all..."DAD,COME ON, I Won't hurt him...I just want to play...really..."

Nuff said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This was sent to me by my buddy, Ryan...I think it sums up Driving in Arizona..


HOW TO DRIVE IN PHOENIX
1. You must first learn to pronounce the city name, it is "FEE-NICKS".

2. The morning rush hour is from 5:00am to noon. The evening rush hour is from noon to 7:00pm. Friday's rush hour starts on Thursday morning.

3. The minimum acceptable speed on most freeways is 85 mph. On Loop
101, your speed is expected to match the highway number. Anything less is considered "Wussy".

4. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Phoenix has its own version of traffic rules. For example, cars/trucks with the loudest muffler go first at a four-way stop; the trucks with the biggest tires go second. However, East Valley, SUV-driving, cell phone-talking moms ALWAYS have the right of way.

5. If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will be rear ended, cussed out, and possibly shot.

6. Never honk at anyone. Ever. Seriously. It's another offense that can get you shot.

7. Road construction is permanent and continuous in Phoenix. Detour barrels are moved around for your entertainment pleasure during the middle of the night to make the next day's driving a bit more exciting.

8. Watch carefully for road hazards such as drunks, skunks, dogs, barrels, cones, cows, horses, cats, mattresses, shredded tires, squirrels, rabbits, crows, vultures, javelinas, roadrunners, and the coyotes feeding on any of these items.

9. Maricopa Freeway, Papago Freeway and the "I-10" are the same road. SR
202 is the same road as The Red Mountain FWY. Dunlap and Olive are the same street too. Jefferson becomes Washington, but they are not the same street. I-17 is also called The Black Canyon Freeway as well as The Veterans Memorial Highway. And if all that isn't enough to remember SR 51 has recently been renamed to Piestewa Freeway because Squaw Peak Parkway was too easy pronounce. SR 101 is also the Pima FWY except west of I-17, which is also The Black Canyon FWY, and The Veterans Memorial HWY.
Lastly, Thunderbird Rd. becomes Cactus Rd. but, Cactus Rd. doesn't become Thunderbird Rd. where it dead ends at a mountain.

10. If someone actually has their turn signal on, wave them to the shoulder immediately to let them know it has been "accidentally activated."

11. If you are in the left lane and only driving 70 in a 55-65 mph zone, you are considered a road hazard and will be "flipped off"
accordingly.
If you return the flip, you'll be shot.

12. For summer driving, it is advisable to wear potholders on your hands.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Wear POT HOLDERS while driving!? HAHAHAHA - *rubbing hands evilly* I can't wait until Summer time in FEE-NICKS Wolfie!... YOU-ARE-TOAST!

and I mean that literally.

Spinning skulls? mmm.. You are INSANE. Did I say I live in Washington? No, it's um. Montana. yeah, I live in Montana.

Was there rattlesnakes listed on the dead animal/roadkill list? I didn't see it.

I just love those lists. I know it's really only funny to the natives of FEE-NICKS; but with all those precautionary warnings about being SHOT.. I can just imagine little old ladies with tight curls in their hair with a big shotgun.

Women on cell phones get right of way.. Remember that Wolfie.

LOL!

Wolfies Rants said...

Background on this..my buddy has more issues wiht AZ drivers than I do...

I was LMAO! when I read it...
and the skull ring, what can I say, it caught my eye...the have another..I'm getting it next month..

Jonzz said...

Hmm, the cat looks like its intentionally provoking Bear. Dumb cat!

Ooo, spinning skulls on a ring. That would make a fine souvenir for my friends. Here they just have twistable rings - one circle inset inside another. Boring really. Just for good luck purposes.

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...