Monday, December 18, 2006




28 Miles to Piss in a Cup....

But this time, it's FOR REAL...

I GOT A JOB...That's right. Finally, after moving to this new state, searching the ad's...Posting the Resume, and taking all those Goddamn tests...Wolfie got a job!

But I digress....I had gone to this Staffing agency, filled out their paper work, taken their tests (damn tests again..ARGH!!!!) and was told that someone would be calling me with the specifics about a position that was a direct hire on 19Th and DEERBORNE (this is important, now). I get home, get an email with more tests (AGH!!!!)..do the tests with the exception of one that would not upload into my computer...AND I TRIED SIX TIMES!!!! so I sent the results back to the agency...explaining what happened with the one that would not upload. Also, explaining that I did not have the address to the job site...all I had was two streets, 19Th and DEERBORNE ( remember this now)...
So me, being the resourceful Wolfie that I am, map quested what I had and lo and behold I find that there is no 19Th and DEERBORNE! Oh, there is a 19Th Street...but there was no DEERBORNE (again..remember). So needless to say, I'm a bit peeved...no..I'm Pissed!

My weekend was OK...wife comes, goes...Monday comes, I decide to call the staffing agency, talk to a woman there, explain about the program that wouldn't upload, and that no one ever called with the address for the job..oh and by the way, there is no DEERBORNE...
Shanna the Staffing Agent.."It's Deer field.."
Wolfie.."What?"
Shanna the Staffing Agent..."The street...it's Deerfield...19Th and Deer field.."
Wolfie.."I was told DEERBORNE...Great..That explains why map quest didn't have anything.." YES, I was being facetious...
Shanna the Staffing Agent.."I'm very sorry Mr.Wolfie, I can set you up with another interview..."
So I get set up with another interview...Then I get called from this Pharmaceutical Company...they got my resume from Monster...they would like to set up an interview.
At this point, I don't care, I need a job. So I go, and I'm there...FOR TWO AND A HALF HOURS! And what do I get????

We'll be making our decision by Monday the 18Th....

Yeah, heard that before...

So, I drive home...and I'm feeling like crap BTW.

I go to sleep.....

I was going to sleep in that morning...I get a phone call.

Robin from The Pharmacy Company " Good Morning Mr.Wolfie...Blah blah blah, Robin from blah blah ..."

Wolfie.."Yes, I remember...good to hear from you..Blah blah nice nice..(mind you its a stretch for me to be nice in the morning..)"

Robin from The Pharmacy Company..."Mr.Wolfie, we have made our decision and would like to offer you a position with the company...blah blah blah..you have the job.."

WOLFIE SO HAPPY!

So I go down to the site, fill out my final paper work...and get my paper work for my "Drug test"...They give me a map..I utilize handy dandy map quest..and the closest one is 28 miles away from me...WHAT!..28 mile just to pee in a cup!

So I go...35 minutes in traffic, and arrive there to wait another hour again, just to pee in a cup.
Only to find out that there is a lab about five miles from my house...GREAT! IT WASN'T ON THE LIST!

I don't care...
I GOT A JOB...
I am a Patient Care Advocate..man is that a misnomer...hahahaha!

this ought to be good fuel for future rants.

5 comments:

Jonzz said...

Glad to hear the good news. Congratulations.

Umm, pardon me for my ignorance but what does a Patient Care Advocate do?

Anonymous said...

I am a bit confused by your post. But CONGRATS on your new job!! when u starting work?

Wolfies Rants said...

Confusion is good for the soul, Pooh..don't believe that stuff you hear about confession.. ;)

A patient care advocate is a professional term for a Customer service representative...Just sounds nicer, doesn't it Jonzz..lol!

Hey, a title's a title..whats in a name?

Annie said...

*cracking knuckles*, *clearing throat* Uh, Um... Now. A Patient Care ADVOCATE is a BIG responsibility. Don't let Wolfie fool you into thinking it's not important here. Essentially, I find it to mean when a wittle itty bitty sick patient is being bullied by big-o bad companies such as hospitals or insurance companies, SuperHero Wolfie will come to the rescue and stand by the patient and make sure the patient is taken care of.

Never was forced to piss in a cup for a job, but I was forced to take a TB test shot in the arm and a measles-rubella shot because I couldn't prove I was ever immunized to it. Pissing in a cup would seem less painful - but then I didn't have to drive 28 miles. LOL! Good on ya Wolfie

Congrats. If the company calls later and takes the offer back - then they've got to deal with me and my baseball bat and my attorneys. Yes, I have attorneys in my back pocket.. my husband's friend is a prosecuter and so is his wife. We got a Minister and a Catholic Nun in his family too if we need to apply some guilt along with.

It's always good to be Annie's friend. I've got connections. and..um.. the legal kinds I should mention.

The best thing about it?
PAY DAYS!
Money Money Money

Wolfies Rants said...

TY Annie...I gots connections too...mostly in low places, but they're still connections...;)

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...