Tuesday, December 05, 2006





Riding higher than a kite one day, Shot down in flames the next......

Yes...so close, tossed within reach, only to be taken away like so much candy from the proverbial baby.
Yesterday, You passed the test Wolfie, you did very well, quite well, in fact. Come on back, sit in on a some calls...Tomorrow you'll have your formal interview, fill out your paperwork...training starts on Monday...BLAH BLAH BLAH FUCKING BLAH!

So I go today...Well lets start this off right...

Welcome to Great Wide Empty...



I started off to my "Formal Interview" all Spiffy...shirt, tie..nice slacks..driving through this ...What I call the Great wide empty...mind you, they are building, but its taking forever...

Going along, I hit, you guessed it...Traffic...










OK, I slog through that...miss a few of the local rubber necks as they stop to partake of the state's pass time...Wreck Viewing....narrowly miss getting hit by a few of said rubber neckers, and then make it to my interview, early too...as requested, BTW, to fill out the blah blah paperwork.
So here goes Wolfie...all spiffy, mind you...smile at the receptionist, smile at the representative who said I did "So well on the test"....fill out the paperwork...and....

INTERVIEW.


Interviewer: "WAH WAH WAH...Blah...Techie..techie..blah blah..Customer Service good...Technical skills...light...."

hm mm....


Wolfie..." I understand with the training that it would be comprehensive enough to walk a customer through a basic setup..."

Interviewer..."BLAH BLAH...Technical Skills...Blah blah..light, very light....OK thank you for coming in...we still have a few more candidates to see, if we don't call you by Friday, give us a call, back."....

In other words...SEE YA!


Wolfie..."Thank you for seeing me...Goodbye."

Inner Wolfie..."KISS MY ASS YOU BASTARD! I know what Don't call us we'll call you means!"

So, I left...drove home....mad. Very angry mind you. Drove home...got home, looked at my DVD player, the one that for some reason was giving me sound and no picture...and fixed it.
All the while cursing out the job I didn't get...my dogs looked at me like I was nuts.

So it's back to square one..Though, I thought the training they were going to give was to support my light tech skills..Silly me....Whatever...

I am the Wolf..and what is a wolf if not a hunter.

The hunt continues.

3 comments:

Annie said...

A.S.S.H.O.L.E.S.

I'll tell you Wolfie what somebody told me: If they don't hire you, they're out of their fucking minds and they don't deserve you. HA!

Somebody's got bigger plans for you buddy. This time was to get your confidence back and to keep trucking along because the RIGHT place is waiting for you.

Oh, and by the way, I came back here to let ya know I took your most recent profile picture (yanno, since you finally showed your face!) and posted it on ebay and Match.com and you got a gabillion hits dude! All I wrote was:

"Must love Dogs"


I returned all their messages and and said, "Too Bad, he's taken by a lovely green-eyed babe"... and had my laugh for pissing people off.

ok. No. I'm kidding. Maybe?

Jonzz said...

I have no idea what happened cos i thought you already clinched the job.
But from your description, I think working for such a place would have been a real pain in the a.s.s. They don't deserve you if they can't see your potential.

Whatever place you find next will definiely be better than this one. Don't be discouraged! Go Go Go! Bruno and Bear are cheering for you!

Wolfies Rants said...

Annie..Jonzz..thanks bunches..already back on track..got a few replies from a couple of places. just waiting.

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...