Sunday, December 24, 2006




What I bought myself for Christmas...

Well, it's that time of year..the day is here...for ribbons and bows to be ripped from packages neatly wrapped...wrapped with care...taped and folded...here and there...oh the horror, the horror...packages strewn about...It's Christmas day, after all..oh hell, let em shout.

Well, I bought all the gifts that I needed to buy. Wrapped em and bowed em and tagged em and placed em..
So what did I buy myself for Christmas...Myself I say, because every year I do a little something for me. I do this because, well, you see one year I received for Christmas a pair of socks, a t-shirt, and gloves. That was it. Now, hey, I got gifts but that's not the thing...See, I come from a family of seven kids, and all were working at the time, and I managed, on my minimum wage job salary, to get everyone something...nieces and nephews included....and all I got was a pair of socks, from my sister...( I bought her a coat..), a T-shirt with a screen print of Buckwheat on it, from my brother..(bought him a radio..), and my Mom bought me the gloves, because I worked at night and my hands were cold..(I bought her a gold heart...I still have those gloves..).
When my Mother asked me what I got for Christmas...I told her I had a good one..not wanting to start anything. She asked again..I told her I liked the gloves...she said that was it? I told her what else I got, and she could not believe it. Everyone was loaded with stuff...and I was there with my T-shirt, socks, and gloves...

After that, I swore that no matter what, I was going to buy myself something that I wanted every Christmas...even if it was a little thing...just something for me. See, it was the principal. I was able to take care of everyone...but somehow, I was an afterthought. And its always been that way...But it's cool.
Like I said, now, because I can...What I bought myself was a Silver Surfer #6


And a Silver Surfer #9


I'm a Comic collector...I've been trying to get these issues for sometime, and the opportunity was right. So, Merry Christmas to Me...
And Merry Christmas to all of you out there who read my nonsensical rants and whatnot's..especially, Annie of the Blur...Jonzz, Poohbear and anyone else who comes along...

Happy holidays, and The end of the year rant is coming....


See ya soon.

Peace.

6 comments:

Jonzz said...

Hmm.. a Silver Surfer issue #6 and #9 are such old editions. They must have cost a minor bomb. Or not?

Buying yourself a present for Christmas? Yes! I agree wholeheartedly. After all, who better than yourself to know what you want.

Anonymous said...

I got myself a gift for Christmas this year too:)

Annie said...

Dear Mr. Wolfie,

We regret to inform you that you must return the copies of Silver Surfer issue #6 and #9. Unfortunately, these issues were meant to be displayed at the Smithsonian Institute of rare artifacts in Washington D.C. Please return them as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

kekekeekkek

Annie said...

Buy presents for yourself? There's no money leftover to buy presents for myself. I got my husband his iPod and my kids all the toys their hearts desire. My mother gave me a mop for Xmas and a stuffed monkey. My daughter took ownership of it - the monkey, not the mop. :(

Wolfies Rants said...

here's a kiss you annie..a hug and endearing friendship...

I'll get the monkey back later...;)

Jonzz said...

Hey, Wolfie, I'm just curious, how much did the Surfer comics cost each?

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...Says who?

     So, I watch this program on NBC called "American Ninja Warrior" its a fun show that showcases agility, fitness, at...